Sunday, June 24, 2012

Curry hamburger hash

I went to an Indian restaurant on Friday for lunch buffet and I found I really liked their curried beef. I thought I'd try it, and this is the result. Much like I found that my own butter chicken was better than theirs, this one had more flavor too I thought. Of course it means nothing to have a Canadian born Swede to say his Indian food was better an that of an Indian restaurant...but hey, try it yourself and see!

Here's the recipe:

1 pound ground beef
1/4 diced onion
1/4 diced green pepper
2 cloves diced garlic
3 diced Roma tomatoes
1 tablespoon diced ginger
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon salt (or to taste...more salt the better when you're doing low carb)4 tablespoons coconut oil (my fave)

Cook the onion, green pepper, garlic and ginger in coconut oil until soft, add the ground beef, tomatoes, curry, salt, pepper, cook until well browned, stirring frequently.

If you use store bought hamburger, don't sniff the odors too much. If you use farmers market hamburger, try not to let the awesomeness of the odors overpower you. The fresh ginger in particular is amazing.

Wife doesn't like curry, but she thought this was yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment